It’s important to choose the right roofing for a school to ensure the establishment stays protected. Different factors can affect a school’s roof performance and lifespan.
In this post, one of the most trusted commercial roofing contractors, Kirtley & Sons Roofing, discusses things you should consider when building a school roof.
1. Material – Asphalt, metal and thermoplastics are good materials for school roofs. They work best if the roofing system is well-designed and the material is properly installed. Opt for materials that are long-lasting and low maintenance.
2. Maintenance – Once you’ve chosen the right roofing, it should be regularly maintained so it performs effectively. Schedule routine roof maintenance. The roof should be inspected after harsh weather events. In addition, you can extend the lifespan of a roof by having it coated. This will also preserve the roof’s reflective surface. You can rely on Kirtley & Sons Roofing for your commercial roof maintenance and repair services.
3. Energy Conservation – Schools have a larger roof area. Heat and cooling loss mainly happens through the roof. A reflective roof surface helps save energy and lower indoor temperature. Research if reflective roofs are beneficial in your geographic location. With reduced energy use, you can contribute to reducing the effects of global warming.
4. Sustainability – Choose a roofing material that’s recyclable. It’s also important to know how the material is discarded and if it can be recycled. Roofing materials are a major contributor to yearly landfill waste. Energy consumption is also a factor when it comes to sustainability.
5. Cost – Consider guarantees and warranties that come with the roofing material. Invest in a roofing system with long-term protection and energy savings. Warranties can contribute to a roof’s lifespan.
Make sure to choose a reputable contractor for your roofing project. At Kirtley & Sons Roofing, we are your leading commercial roof installation provider. We also offer roof repairs and maintenance. Call us at (281) 371-6776, or fill out our online form for a free estimate. We work with clients in Tomball, TX.